Tuesday 6 January 2015

Rooftops

There are certain things you only learn later on, and by then it's too late. All you can do is keep moving forward and take what you've learnt with you, teach it to the younger generation and pray they do better than yourself. You can hope for new bridges to cross and decisions to make that you won't screw up.

I didn't know myself back then but now I do, only because of the various trials I've come up against. I know roughly what I want, more importantly I know what I don't. I've gotten this far and that must mean something is on this path for me, though it doesn't feel that way right now.

Everyone wants to fly, I once touched the sky, felt it rushing through my gloved hands but then I fell back down. How do I keep afloat? Not in the clouds or the stars, but just above the rooftops? I'm on the ground now, and the rooftop seems to be a great height to reach with no ladder. If I could stack up enough books, maybe I could climb up those.

No comments:

Post a Comment