Sunday 19 January 2014

Voice

You know there's this voice that sometimes invades my head, it's a patronising and often mocking voice of someone I used to know, and it says "Grow up Sian. You probably will never get published, get used to it." It's such a harsh statement to someone like me, and frankly I hate that I have let this voice have so much influence over me for so many years. Even so, that voice is there hurting the back of my eyes with its brittle cruelty.

It's all I've ever wanted, to become a published author, it's the only thing I ever thought I was meant to do. Since I was old enough to write, I wrote stories, always with the intention of one day being an author. I want people to read my work so badly I could scream. It's eating me up inside not feeling as if I'm on the right track. I'm so bloody confused. I want a sign. Any sign to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment