Wednesday 11 September 2013

I remembered why I went to uni.

I remembered why I went to university today,
because it was a door that opened onto a path of escape, the only door in fact. I am worth more than the life I was born to, and I'll be damned if I don't rise above this lifestyle. I'd rather be dead than be this forever.Everything about this house is like a dark rain cloud, it's inhabitants, the smell, it's appearance, the atmosphere...I was never meant to be here. I don't suit this place and it wants to spit me out as soon as I walk through the door. When I signed up to go to university it was with the intention of improving my circumstances, working towards a better future with a job that meant I'd be comfortable and a doorway out of this street that I've endured for 20 years. I just have to keep reminding myself that I'm almost there. Almost there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment