Friday 30 August 2013

Dear Heart september 2013 poem


Dear Heart,
Where have you been dear one?
 Are you ever coming back to me?
I wait and watch at the window for you
But it's in vain I see
I hear your cracks crunch but a little, when I hear you beat from a far
How solid are you now, have you healed those scars?
Why do you stay away when there are no bars?
I still wait for you to come back to me
With bruises on your cheek
But you do not, your face is clean
You are happy, and you ask where have I been?
Why do I not follow you, and take a leap of faith
Because dear one why make haste when love is a long road
Love is so easily lost, I was once told
My brave little soldier you are so quick to fall down that very same hole
Don't get lost in the dark, and forget your way home.



No comments:

Post a Comment