Saturday 27 July 2013

Empty space. Poem

There's an empty space inside
A shell with no life
Something that should have been mine, 
Has swept away like time.
A vessel of protection I had for you
I was your guardian, that you couldn't see
So why did you leave me
Why did I lose you?
Washed away like sand in a tide
Why? Why didn't you stay inside?


      This Poem is not from my personal experience, but it wrote so easily and I felt so strongly about it. It's short and so brutal but it's one of my favourites that I've ever written. It's the saddest thing I've ever written. No matter how early or late a woman loses a baby makes no difference, because she felt that she was a mother from the moment she knew she was pregnant. My heart goes to anyone who suffers this heartbreak.

No comments:

Post a Comment