Saturday 22 June 2013

God poem

God, are you listening?
My lord do you still hear? Have you abandoned me, your child?
Are you close but in silence, lord are you here?
I have called out for guidance, I've spoken out to you
I hear not your answer, I feel not your hand.
Why have you left me to fend for my own ideas
When I ask for guidance you ignore, why don't I deserve help?
I begged of you once to return what once was mine...
I asked, I prayed, I sacrificed, I cried and I cried
You ignored my pleas, 
you left me sobbing on my knees
Never to return him, never to return him to me.
Finally I rose up, I stood and faced you then
I understand I said I am not to love that one again
But now my path is flooded and as I wade through,
The current is gripping me, I can't hear you.
God are you listening? Have you turned away? 
I cannot breathe, I cannot think
But I have kneeled and I pray and pray. 
I accepted what was once,when I knew it was not my path
I left that one tied up with memories, and pushed it into the past
But this is more important, this is just for me
I beg of you to help, I'm blind and cannot see
What way do I turn, what way should I go?
God will you help me? 
God are you listening?

No comments:

Post a Comment