Thursday 30 May 2013

The green door

I dreamt of the green door again last night. I woke up at 3.30 am and couldn't get back to sleep, I was too uncomfortable. I tossed over what must have been well over twenty times. I felt freaked out, and irritable and achy. 
The green door is a feature in my dreams that's haunted me for years. I began with the door itself, a green door with a polished brass doorknob. Sometimes the door is very plain and simple, at other times its intricately engraved or with a window. I have never been through this door, only looked at it, or ran passed it, sometimes I simply see it in the background of my dream. Sometimes it's not even the door, it's the brass doorknob on a windowsill, or the hinges on a table, always I know that they're from the green door. I know this door means something, I know it's waiting for me to enter it, and I swear the day I own my own home the door will mirror the image in my head. It's important, I just don't know why yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment