Wednesday 22 May 2013

My birthday (20)

I am going to be twenty tomorrow. I'm not exactly excited about the prospect of growing old, on the one hand I want to hurry up and finish this next year and get settled in life and a job I like, but on the other I don't want it to flash by and leave me realising that I forgot to do all the things I want to do. I want to ride in an air balloon, I want to visit Scotland, I want to skinny dip, and I want to publish my book. So many things listed, so many hopes and dreams. Sometimes I can feel them slipping to the back of my mind, I just can't let them stay there. I can't be like every other person who lives life for what it is, a scientific accident...to me we have a miracle that is conscious thought and feeling. We have soul. Turning twenty I guess is just the completion of a transition period. My life has changed drastically in the last 12 months. It makes perfect sense that I am now leaving behind teenage years and coming fully into adulthood, womanhood whatever. I have left the past behind, my future is bright and I am ready for it. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment