Tuesday 9 April 2013

Closing Chapter

I could have faded away, I could have died
I've been honest and raw and selfish in a way
maybe I should have ignored my calling, perhaps I should have lied
but I was honest and raw and I end it now today.

God you heard me pray, you never answered me
I guess your way of telling me I was supposed to fly free
there was a moment just now I was so happy at your words
but there was a catch there always is, well I'm flying off with the birds

I do care, it's in my nature, but this is too much a part of my soul
I cannot undo what's been done, and this is everything to me you know
I end it now, I close this chapter of my life
I have a tree now so strong, so real, I'm watching it thrive

I close the book, and sit it on the shelf
a memory cherished forever, but one set aside
I have been so honest, so raw and real, I've been myself
that's it now, it's done, it's finished. It took so long but I say goodbye
it took months, it took hard work, but I'm fine. I'm fine.

Closing a chapter is never fun,
not when the book was mainly a good one,
I didn't like the ending, it was a tradegy,
but I'm glad I finished the book
I'm glad the story is within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment