Monday 25 February 2013

My Funeral songs

Morbid I know, but I happen to know the answer to this question. I hope when my clock stops ticking in this life those close to me arranging this funeral...a hem Emily, My family, and a few select others I imagine I'll collect over my life should know the sort of thing I want. I'd prefer an apple tree rather than a stone, leaves instead of flowers, but if there must be flowers please be daffofils that come up every spring. :-) I dont mind what happens to my shell (body) I will already be going into my next life...either darting around the forest as a fox, or possibly flying with the angel wings i've always longed for. When I meet God, or Gods hey! who says he's alone, I intend on having a pot of tea and a good old chat before requesting what I would like to be reincarnated as.

The music, you should know this...country. Sweet american southern poetry that picks you up and flys you off onto a dirt road, into a warm lake, across the blue sky. I want these two songs:
They talk in a beautiful simple way about freedom, nature, the desire I feel every day that I hope is expressed in my most intimate of writing. I want to ride, I want to fly, Chase the wind and touch the sky. This is how I want to be remembered. I want my writing to live on, I want my life to have been full and brilliant, I want to fly off like a bird, like an angel and these are the sonsg that will be in my thoughts. Thank you.
Dixie Chicks,

"Cowboy Take Me Away"

I said I wanna touch the earth
I wanna break it in my hands
I wanna grow something wild and unruly

I wanna sleep on the hard ground
In the comfort of your arms
On a pillow of bluebonnets
In a blanket made of stars

Oh it sounds good to me I said

Cowboy take me away
Fly this girl as high as you can
Into the wild blue
Set me free oh I pray
Closer to heaven above and
Closer to you closer to you

I wanna walk and not run
I wanna skip and not fall
I wanna look at the horizon
And not see a building standing tall

I wanna be the only one
For miles and miles
Except for maybe you
And your simple smile
 
Touch The Sky by Julie Fowlis

When cold winds are calling,
And the sky is clear and bright,
Misty mountains sing and beckon,
Lead me out into the light.

I will ride, I will fly,
Chase the wind and touch the sky,
I will fly,
Chase the wind and touch the sky.

Where dark woods hide secrets,
And mountains are fierce and bold,
Deep waters hold reflections,
Of times lost long ago.

I will hear their every story,
Take hold of my own dream,
Be as strong as the seas are stormy,
And proud as an eagle's scream.

I will ride, I will fly,
Chase the wind and touch the sky,
I will fly,
Chase the wind and touch the sky.

And touch the sky.

Chase the wind, chase the wind.

Touch the sky.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment